AVMA Board of Directors
AVMA Board Directors are elected by AVMA members residing in each of the AVMA's 11 geographic districts. District VIII includes Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas.
Sam Miller, DVM
District VIII AVMA Board of Directors Representative
AVMA House of Delegates
The AVMA Delegate and Alternate Delegate are elected by the TVMA Board of Directors for a four-year term. Election takes place at the TVMA Annual Conference and the term begins at the close of the AVMA House of Delegates' summer meeting. Any member of the TVMA Board of Directors is eligible for election as Delegate or Alternate Delegate.
The Delegate or Alternate Delegate:
- Receives advice and instruction from the Executive Committee and represents TVMA at all meetings of the AVMA House of Delegates
- Attends all meetings of the TVMA Board of Directors
- Informs the TVMA Board of Directors on matters to be considered by the AVMA House of Delegates
- Reports on actions of the AVMA House of Delegates at the next meeting of the TVMA Board of Directors
- Informs the Executive Committee sufficiently prior to deadlines on AVMA nominations and other matters to allow appropriate action.
Dan Posey, DVM, DABVP
Texas Delegate, AVMA House of Delegates
Bridget Heilsberg, DVM
Texas Alternate Delegate, AVMA House of Delegates
To contact one of these representatives, email firstname.lastname@example.org.